Liebchen is German for “Sweetheart.”
I’m a professional designer and developer. Currently, I’m a product design at Facebook 👍. Before that, I made beautiful and useful digital experiences for people at Persista. And before that, I designed and developed products at OpenGov to advance civic financial reporting and at FDN to improve hedge fund due diligence.
I like to ride my bike, hang out with my cats, make dinner for my wife, and build silly things for the internet. I’ve studied architecture at RISD. I live in Mountain View and work in Menlo Park.
You can find me on 📷Instagram, 🗒Medium, 🐣Twitter, 🏀Dribbble, 💻Github.
- At Facebook, I currently design tools and experiences that help Facebook employees plan and manage their career. Previously, I worked on a TOP SECRET in-house replacement for Tableau.
- At Persista I designed a product to help you find things across all your web services. Try it out for yourself at Persista.com.
- As a designer at OpenGov I helped transformed the way governments analyze, share, and compare financial and performance intelligence. More 👉
- With Financial Diligence Networks I designed a platform that connected hedge funds and their investors over a private due diligence network. More 👉
- While at GroupVisual.io I designed data-driven UI tools for companies with big data problems. More 👉
- OhEmGee! Design and development experiments. 📐☠️🎉
- Visual collaboration tool is an Invision clone under development. More 👉
- Reacticons Scalable file icons for ReactJS.
- Gradient Barchart Simple bar charts with React and CSS
- BTSTRP is the smallest UI framework. Literally.
- Box-sciagraphy Sun-based
If you’re a designer, why didn’t you bother to design this website?
I’ve gone that route with every portfolio/blog I’ve ever had. While it’s great to express yourself with the design of your portfolio itself, I find that 80% of the effort goes into the site design, development, and devops, with only 20% going toward content. That’s exhausting. The stack for this site is a straight-forward Jekyll setup, with little design and development work. Deployment is via a simple push to Github Pages.
Does Liebchen really mean “Sweetheart?”
Yup, though I think it literally means “love child.” I don’t speak German, and I was adopted so… I try to live up to my name, but I’m not always successful.
What is your favorite gif?
Of all time? Probably has to be cat in the shark costume on a Roomba chasing a duck:
Have you got a resume?
Yep, who doesn’t? Here you go!